The menu is all set for Thanskgiving dinner; butternut squash soup, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, roasted potatoes, steamed brussel sprouts, mixed greens salad, but what about dessert? There is such a selection of Thanksgiving desserts to choose from! I thought of making the traditional pumpkin or pecan pie or maybe tarts, but finally I decided to make this fabulous Pumpkin Bread Pudding topped with a Spicy Apple Sauce, recipes from Bobby Flay’s Bar Americain Cookbook.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
From Bobby Flay’s Bar Americain Cookbook
- 8 cups 1⁄2-inch cubed Pumpkin Bread or other bread
- unsalted butter for the pan
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 6 large egg yolks1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree, not flavored pie filling
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Freshly whipped cream, for serving
- Spicy Caramel Apple Sauce
- Shelled pumpkin seeds (optional), for garnish
6. Place the dish in a larger roasting pan and pour hot water into the roasting pan until it comes halfway up the sides of the glass dish. Bake until the sides are slightly puffed and the center jiggles slightly, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and the water bath and cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Which dessert will you be baking for Thanksgiving?
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!