- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 Jalapeno pepper (optional)
- Black pepper
- 1-2 pita breads, depending on how much you’d like to make. (1 was enough for the two of us!)
- Olive oil
- Any spices you’d like. (We used oregano and garlic powder)
- Take avocados, cut them in half all the way around the pit, and twist. The pit should pop right out, and then you can scoop the “guts” out. We usually slice ours and then just squeeze the filling out, as it makes it easier to mash it all up later.
- Chop up cherry tomatoes and jalapeno pepper in fairly small pieces.
- Mince garlic, and combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mash with a fork until avocado is soft but slightly lumpy.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut pita in half, and then cut around the ends as shown in the picture. You should have 4 semi-circles per pita bread.
- Then, simply cut the pieces to whatever size and shape you want your chips to be.
- Combine olive oil and spices in a bowl.
- Use a basting brush to brush a small amount on both sides of each pita chip. You don’t need a lot, just enough to add a tiny bit of flavour and prevent sticking.
- When you put these in the oven, you definitely need to watch them, as they cook fast! I let mine cook for 4-5 minutes, flip them once, and cook again for another 3-4 minutes.
- They should be lightly browned and crispy.
- Serve with your awesome guacamole and enjoy!
And that’s it! See? Too easy.
Stay happy, stay healthy!